Collection of data
We may collect the following information on our website and other channels including but not limited to:
- Your personal information such as your name, nationality, country and address;
- Your contact information such as your email address and telephone number;
- Your business information such as company names, job titles and associated contact information; and,
- (For applicants) Your personal data such as your gender, date of birth, passport or Hong Kong ID number, mailing address, educational background, academic performance, and professional background.
Use of data
We may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes.
- To process your registration in our events;
- (For applicants) To process your application to HKU Master of Business Administration;
- (For referees) To process your reference for an HKU Master of Business Administration applicant;
- To respond to, handle and process any enquiries submitted by you; and,
- For communication purposes, such as sending you updates on the latest HKU and HKU Master of Business Administration programme news and inviting you to admissions/student recruitment events.
To fulfil the above purposes, you may be contacted via email, telephone, SMS or other means that are allowed by local authorities.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website and database or conducting our business as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe doing so is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety. Non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for designing communication campaigns.
Your right to assess and modify your information
You may request to update your personal data held by us by sending an email email@example.com
Notice on direct marketing
Occasionally, we may use your personal data, including your name, contact details and all other information collected during or subsequent to initial registration, to communicate with you by email, telephone and SMS regarding the information on HKU and HKU Master of Business Administration.
Categories of the information include:
- HKU or HKU Master of Business Administration events;
- HKU or HKU Master of Business Administration programme updates; and,
- HKU Master of Business Administration programme and admissions related articles/updates.
You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications at any time, free of charge, by:
- Following the “opt-out” instructions contained in the communications; or
- Writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All personal data that has been collected from you will only be retained for the period that is relevant to the purpose for which it was processed and for as long as necessary by applicable law.
Last updated: February 07, 2022